Scholarship Committee Announcement – 2019 Scholarship
$1,000 of Scholarship Funds available annually to 1-2 award recipients
Recommending a student? Go to the recommendation form.
Applying for the scholarship? Read the guidelines and then proceed with the online application form below.
The following are application guidelines for scholarship consideration:
- Academics - Must have successfully completed all academic requirements for a minimum standing as a junior, senior, graduate student in an ACEND-approved or accredited college or University, with a major in human nutrition or dietetics. Or current enrollment as a dietetic intern in a ACEND approved dietetic internship.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.A. In addition, applicant must be a resident of (as your hometown) or presently residing in (as a college student) Western Massachusetts (Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, or Hampshire Counties).
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member preferred (submit member #), but not required. RD status preferred.
- References - Submission of Letter of Recommendation from two professional people, preferably one faculty member and one employer or field work supervisor in either paid or volunteer position. Please list names, titles, addresses and phone numbers of persons giving references on your application. Letters of recommendation must come directly from the person writing the letter of support.
- GPA/Transcript - Obtain and submit GPA score and submit official transcript from all colleges and Universities attended. GPA must be noted on transcript. Mail official transcripts to: Allison Clark, 39 Parky Drive, Enfield, CT 06082.
- A Personal Statement explaining your interests in the field of dietetics/nutrition, career goals, professional activities/memberships/presentations and achievements, and pertinent work/volunteer experiences. Applicants must also submit a paragraph (~50 words) describing your most significant accomplishment.
- Complete application which includes transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and personal statement must be received by Friday, March 29th, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of recipients will be posted on WAMDA webpage by Tuesday, April 30th, 2019.