The Western Area Massachusetts Dietetic Association (WAMDA) is a voluntary, non-profit association that promotes optimal nutrition and well being for our community, its people, and nutrition professionals. Our objectives are:
- To promote and foster the practice of quality dietetics.
- To encourage and implement continuing education.
- To provide an instrument through which members can coordinate their efforts in handling problems of common concern.
- To consider and take appropriate action on governmental matters affecting the Profession.
- To cooperate with other associations having similar interests and goals.
- To engage in all other lawful activities affecting the welfare of the Profession.
WAMDA Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
The Western Area Massachusetts Dietetic Association encourages diversity and inclusion by striving to recognize, respect and include differences in ability, age, creed, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, size, and socioeconomic characteristics in the nutrition and dietetics profession.
To be a member, you must meet one of three classes of membership as defined below: