The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts in collaboration with the WAMDA Public Policy Committee
Culinary Arts Institute (HCC) Dining Room 164 Race St. Holyoke, MA 01040 Parking on Race St, or in the rear of the building.
About the Program:
This workshop, led by Laura Sylvester, Public Policy Manager for The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, will give you a primer on the legislative process for state and federal government, as well as teach you how to have effective and productive conversations with your legislators. Legislators are invited and will be asked to practice role-playing with you, providing the opportunity to put your new skills to use and speak with them about your policy priorities.
- Understand the basics of the legislative process.
- Learn best practices for communicating with legislators.
- Learn where to find information about relevant legislation and develop legislative priorities for your Association.
- Learn how to leverage your stakeholder network as advocates.
- Develop and practice performing an “elevator pitch” for your Association’s legislative priorities
*Dinner to be provided*
*CEUs: RDs will receive 2 CPEUs for attending*
Self-select dinner begins at 5:30 pm
Program begins at 6:15
Legislators’ interactions begin at 7:45.
RSVP Information: Please RSVP to [email protected] by February 2, 2023. This event is free and open to the public: reservations are required.