WAMDA & The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
Hampshire Dining Commons, UMass Amherst, 141 Southwest Circle, Amherst, MA 01003
About the ProgramThis workshop, led by The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, will give you a primer on the legislative process for state and federal government, as well as teach you how to have effective and productive conversations with your legislators. For the last 30 minutes of the workshop we will invite legislators to join us to give you the opportunity to put your new skills to use and speak with them about your policy priorities.
- Understand the basics of the legislative process
- Learn best practices for communicating with legislators
- Learn where to find information about relevant legislation and develop legislative priorities for your Association
- Learn how to leverage your stakeholder network as advocates
- Develop and practice an “elevator pitch” for your Association’s legislative priorities
Self-select dinner begins at 5:30 pm
Program begins at 6:15 pm
*2 RD CPEUs for attending*
RSVP Information: RSVP to Judy Dowd at [email protected] by April 19.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information please email Judy Dowd at [email protected].
Directions and parking information:
Hampshire Dining Hall is in Southwest Residential Area, just off of University Drive (campus map attached below). Free parking is available after 5PM in lots 33, 21 and 22 across the street.