1. What is your educational background?
I attended UMass Amherst for both my bachelor's in Nutrition and my dietetic internship.
2. How did you get involved in the nutrition field?
I have always been interested in nutrition and fitness as a hobby, until about 6 years ago when I realized I could make it a career. I immediately went back to school to pursue a nutrition degree.
3. What are you presently doing in the nutrition field?
Currently, I am the food service director for Chicopee Public Schools in Chicopee MA. I have been in this position for about a year and a half.
4. What do you like to do for fun in your spare time?
When things are normal, I love going to concerts and to breweries and wineries, cooking and trying new restaurants, and finding new spots in nature with my kids.
5. Do you do any volunteer work in the nutrition field or in your community? If so, please describe.
Right now I'm part of a group called the Chicopee Food Force, which is a group that is working on increasing access to fresh food in the Chicopee Center area. We are hoping to start a farmer's market in downtown Chicopee by next year.
6. Is there anything else you would like to do in your career?
I plan to continue in school food service- it's an ever-changing field and there is SO much work to be done as far as reducing food insecurity in our communities. I just want to continue working hard and advocating for the families of Chicopee to ensure their children are fed and healthy!