Barbara Olendzki, RD, MPH, LDN
About the Speaker
I am a clinician (Registered Dietitian), educator, and research nutritionist specializing in inflammatory bowel disease dietary management. I am the Director of the Center for Applied Nutrition at UMass Medical School and UMass Memorial Health Care. I have extensive experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of nutritional interventions in randomized controlled trials. I created the IBD-AIDTM (inflammatory bowel disease anti-inflammatory diet) program to comprehensively address dietary needs, quality of life, and encourage improved health and remission for patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
The IBD-AIDTM, if delivered with care and respect of patient circumstances (including regional food preferences), can significantly improve patient outcomes. We have developed an extensive set of resources (handouts, menus, cooking videos, shopping list, recipes) to help guide patients through the challenging nutrition environment.
Program ObjectivesFollowing this WAMDA webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand inflammatory bowel disease and IBD complications (including RD liability).
- Understand the science behind the diet.
- Implement the IBD-AID customized to symptom and disease management.
- Provide nutrition assessment to capture nutrient and food component data.
- Understand how to customize the foods list to the patient physiological needs.
- Understand the 4 components of the diet.
- Understand and can assign appropriate phases per patient needs.
2 RD CPEUs offered; the event will be recorded for those who cannot attend live.
RSVP Information: RSVP to [email protected]
Cost of Event: WAMDA Members $10, Non-Members $15, Students/Interns Free (Students/Interns -- RSVP via email only)
Cash or Check payable to:
WAMDA c/o Program Planning Committee
PO Box 934
West Springfield, MA 01090
OR, pay via PayPal: